Sierra Health Foundation is a private philanthropy investing in and serving as a catalyst for ideas, partnerships and programs that improve health and quality of life in Northern California through convening, educating and strategic grantmaking.
July 18, 2014
California Health Report TV: Episode 1, sponsored by Sierra Health Foundation
The California Health Report is an independent, nonprofit journalism project, whose mission is to inform Californians about public health and community health issues, to engage readers in an ongoing conversation about matters ranging from health care policy to land use, transportation, environment, criminal justice and economic policy, and to show how they all are connected. Watch Episode 1.
- Responsive Grants Program applications due July 28
- David Williams presents Making America Healthier for All: Challenges and Opportunities
- Greater Sacramento Healthy Communities Summit coming in September
- Positive Youth Justice Initiative events engage community partners in San Joaquin and Solano counties
- Minority-led organizations receive capacity-building awards
- Program officers receive recognition
- Electric car charging station now in operation
- Sacramento students benefit from Children’s Defense Fund Freedom Schools this summer
Receive program updates and Partnerships, our bimonthly electronic newsletter.
Current Funding Interests
Responding to health needs and concerns in urban and rural communities throughout our 26-county funding region
Supporting respite options as an alternative to hospitalization for individuals experiencing mental health crisis in Sacramento County
Strengthening and expanding the primary care safety net in El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento and Yolo counties
Working to reduce chronic disease, promote healthy lifestyles and reduce health disparities in Sacramento County
Improving health, academic and social outcomes of young people involved in the child welfare and juvenile justice systems
Supporting efforts to ensure young people have opportunities to find on-ramps to a healthy developmental path
Providing nonprofit health and human service organizations meeting space for education, policymaking and collaboration
Strengthening the leadership abilities of nonprofit health and human service managers and executives
Providing a multitenant, sustainable office and conference space for nonprofits working to improve health and well-being
Improving the health, independence and life skills of children