Sierra Health Foundation is a private philanthropy investing in and serving as a catalyst for ideas, partnerships and programs that improve health and quality of life in Northern California through convening, educating and strategic grantmaking.
August 28, 2014
California Health Report TV: Episode 2, supported by Sierra Health Foundation
This episode of California Health Report takes viewers from Oakland to Lake County to Los Angeles, looking for stories of people who are improving their own health and the health of their communities.
Watch Episode 2.
- Responsive Grants Program applications due July 28
- David Williams presents Making America Healthier for All: Challenges and Opportunities
- Greater Sacramento Healthy Communities Summit coming in September
- Positive Youth Justice Initiative events engage community partners in San Joaquin and Solano counties
- Minority-led organizations receive capacity-building awards
- Program officers receive recognition
- Electric car charging station now in operation
- Sacramento students benefit from Children’s Defense Fund Freedom Schools this summer
Receive program updates and Partnerships, our bimonthly electronic newsletter.
Current Funding Interests
Responding to health needs and concerns in urban and rural communities throughout our 26-county funding region
Supporting respite options as an alternative to hospitalization for individuals experiencing mental health crisis in Sacramento County
Strengthening and expanding the primary care safety net in El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento and Yolo counties
Working to reduce chronic disease, promote healthy lifestyles and reduce health disparities in Sacramento County
Improving health, academic and social outcomes of young people involved in the child welfare and juvenile justice systems
Supporting efforts to ensure young people have opportunities to find on-ramps to a healthy developmental path
Providing nonprofit health and human service organizations meeting space for education, policymaking and collaboration
Strengthening the leadership abilities of nonprofit health and human service managers and executives
Providing a multitenant, sustainable office and conference space for nonprofits working to improve health and well-being
Improving the health, independence and life skills of children