Addressing health and racial disparities requires a long-term commitment to working with and investing in communities
Sierra Health Foundation promotes health, racial equity and racial justice in communities in 26 Northern California counties. Learn about our core priority areas, programs and funded partners below.
Through our legacy programs, we support nonprofit health and human service organizations through education and collaboration, strengthen the leadership abilities of nonprofit health and human service managers, respond to health needs and concerns, and support nonprofit fundraising events. Our long-term programs include:
Children, Youth and Families
Funded community partners strengthen family wellness by creating safe gathering spaces and better food access.
Economic Stability and Opportunity
This funding strategy supports mechanisms, such as guaranteed income, that help families create wealth.
Land, Water and Climate Health Equity
Funded partners address climate change in California, which is a threat multiplier for our most vulnerable communities.
Policy and Systems Change
Funds support durable policy change in inclusive economic development, climate resilience and health and racial equity.
- California Budget and Policy Center
- California Funders for Boys and Men of Color
- Catalyst California (formerly Advancement Project California)
- Health Access Foundation
- My Brother’s Keeper Sacramento Collaborative
- Positive Youth Justice Initiative
- San Joaquin Valley Health Fund
- San Joaquin Valley Impact Investment Fund
Sierra Health Foundation Invests $1 Million in Community Resilience in California (.pdf)
Dec. 14, 2022
Previous Programs and Initiatives
Please contact us if you would like information about our past programs.
- brightSMILES Dental Partnership
- Community Partnerships for Healthy Children
- Grizzly Creek Ranch
- Healthier U
- Healthy Sacramento Coalition
- Leadership Development for Racial Equity
- Managed Care
- Minority-Led Organization Capacity Building and Leadership Development Program
- Nonprofit Innovation Center
- Northern California AIDS Initiative
- Office of Health Equity
- Organizational Development
- Prenatal Care Access Initiative
- REACH Youth Program
- Respite Partnership Collaborative
- Sacramento Creating Community Solutions Network
- Sacramento Region Health Care Partnership