Sierra Health Foundation is a private philanthropy investing in and serving as a catalyst for ideas, partnerships and programs that improve health and quality of life in Northern California through convening, educating and strategic grantmaking.
May 14, 2013
Sierra Health Foundation and Cottage Housing Incorporated release report
Learn about the Supportive Housing for Homeless Families: Foster Care Outcomes and Best Practices report release event on our Convenings and Presentations web page.
- Responsive Grants Program awards to be announced in May
- Minority-led Organization Capacity Building Program welcomes six new grantees
- Chet Hewitt featured in Sacramento News & Review
- Mental health services grantee opens respite care home
- Impact of Trauma on Health webinar offers insight, best practices
- Summer Matters addresses summer learning loss, needs of at-risk youth
- Nonprofit Innovation Center Tenant Spotlight: Nonprofit Resource Center
Receive program updates and Partnerships, our bimonthly electronic newsletter.
Current Funding Interests
Responding to health needs and concerns in urban and rural communities throughout our 26-county funding region
Supporting respite options as an alternative to hospitalization for individuals experiencing mental health crisis in Sacramento County
Strengthening and expanding the primary care safety net in El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento and Yolo counties
Working to reduce chronic disease, promote healthy lifestyles and reduce health disparities in Sacramento County
Improving health, academic and social outcomes of young people involved in the child welfare and juvenile justice systems
Supporting efforts to ensure young people have opportunities to find on-ramps to a healthy developmental path
Providing nonprofit health and human service organizations meeting space for education, policymaking and collaboration
Strengthening the leadership abilities of nonprofit health and human service managers and executives
Providing a multitenant, sustainable office and conference space for nonprofits working to improve health and well-being
Improving the health, independence and life skills of children